Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is saving Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre “for quote ‘a bigger show than this one’ because this one [WrestleMania Backlash] is whatever,” per Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. There are three stadium shows on the WWE schedule this summer.
- On another edition of WOR, Meltzer reported that Dakota Kai’s release came after WWE determined she didn’t fit their vision for women’s wrestling: “The decision had been made after several tryouts that they didn’t see Dakota Kai as main roster material.”
- Stu Grayson was removed from the AEW roster page, and Wrestling Observer notes “when people are removed, they are basically gone.” The site also says “word going around is that his contract expired and the two sides didn’t come to terms on a new deal.”
- After Dark Side of the Ring wasn’t listed on VICE TV’s 2022-2023 programming slate, rumors went around the show was cancelled. However, VICE tweeted they are “as committed as ever” to the show & franchise.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Dark Side creators Evan Husney & Jason Eisener are working on the Dwayne Johnson produced series Jim Ross recently mentioned. That project covering pro wrestling’s territories is also for VICE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.