Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s a lot of online speculation about Roman Reigns having suffered an injury in the main event of WrestleMania 38, with photos of bruising on his left upper-arm being circulated as evidence.
- According to Sean Ross Sapp, Cody Rhodes’ was not scripted on Raw. Wrestling Observer said the idea was “for it to be memorable promo.”
- Fightful Select says Rhea Ripley and Tommaso Ciampa were pitched as possible members of the new Edge stable with Damian Priest. It’s not known if the pitches were approved.
- Gable Steveson flew back to Minnesota after WrestleMania Sunday, per PWInsider. He’ll start as a regular on Raw after the college semester ends.
- TJ Wilson is back in his role as a producer at WWE after taking a leave of absence in January, reports Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.